The possibility of radiation leaks from the nuclear reactors damaged in the recent Japanese earthquakes pose a grave health risk to not only Japan and southeast Asia but to the global community. Airborne plumes can rapidly carry leaked radiation across oceans and around the planet; no part of the world is safe from them when radiation is released, as it has been already and will likely continue until the problems are resolved in the three affected nuclear plants. Radiation sickness is on people’s minds worldwide.
Because the risk is so high for everyone on the planet, everyone should know about a few precautions to take. I want to share some important information with you, that you can use to stay healthy. While I am not a medical doctor, I am a health conscious individual and know some things that will help. Here are some tips for you, from my fellow Green America members, from Herbal Healers Academy, and from Machaelle Small Wright of Perelandra Ltd.
- If radiation is released into the atmosphere from a nuclear reactor, the radiation will be carried through the air to remote areas around the planet. How quickly it happens depends on the wind velocity and how high into the atmosphere it reaches. When it happens, it is no longer a case of if; it’s when. Those closest to the release will be impacted more severely — but no one is immune to the effects.
- There are ways for people and pets to reduce the impact of radiation poisoning. Here are some suggestions:
- Take kelp, chlorophyll, miso, and Vitamins C and D3.. it helps to absorb radiation to which you may become exposed and help your body eliminate it naturally. Kelp is available commercially at most health food stores. These items are all safe and can help you detox from excess radiation.
- Ask your physician if it’s appropriate for you to take Potassium iodide (KI). Please DO NOT purchase or take this without a doctor’s advice, especially if you are over 40 years old — because it can cause illness or death in some cases. Don’t take chances. Just because you read about it online, please don’t do anything with this particular substance without medical advice.it is not necessary and can seriously harm you if you either don’t need it or take the wrong dose. Be safe here.
- Use the same precautions with iodine. Many people have severe allergies to iodine; know beforehand if you are one of them. Use this only under a doctor’s advice please!
- There are naturopathic remedies available to help you detox from radiation exposure. You can either locate a naturopathic physician, who can obtain them for you after ascertaining whether or not you need them, or visit an online naturopathic store. Herbal Healers does offer several naturopathic detox formulas you may want to try.
3. Check the following links to find out more details about what’s happening in real time.
- What’s the latest from the Fukushima Daiichi plant?
- For the USA, what are the latest radiation reports? Look at the US radiation map.
- What are the latest jet stream reports for air flow globally? Check this map.
- What are the latest reports for wind and water globally? Check this site for in-depth details.
Finally, in my next post, I will share links and thoughts about how we can help. Thanks for reading — and if you have additional links you believe would be useful for people to know, please share them in the comments below.
Oh and last but not least: keep breathing. Deeply. This is a tough one.