OK so I was having fun with my partner the other day and we were both feeling like our minds were just wandering all over the place. Great for brainstorming. Bad for focus!
I said “My mind is like a meandering stream right now.”
Partner: “Me too.”
Me: ” Yeah. A Meanderthal Mind!”
We both cracked up laughing.
I decided there is a place for a wandering mind, just like there’s a time for focus. You just can’t do them at the same time unless you want to feel crazy 🙂
Here’s when a meanderthal mind is useful:
- When you want to think up titles or headlines.
- When you want to brainstorm for new ideas.
- When you want to discover new approaches to old problems.
- When what you are doing isn’t working.
- When you need to shift gears into a different activity.
- When you are trying to recall people, places, or things from the past.
- When you are just plain tired of thinking.
When any of these circumstances show up in your life, you might try a little Meanderthal Mind yourself. It’s refreshing!